Basic Digital Photography Crash Course
Please click here for testimonials on GOOGLE.
Please click here for testimonials on YELP.
Note: We strongly recommend getting the course book. It contains all the slides and pictures shown during class. The course is fast-paced, and having to draw pictures in your notes is very time consuming. With the book, you take notes on the book, and will have more of a chance to work with your camera.($39)
Upcoming Class Dates:
Class 1: Saturday 6-13-2015, 9am-12pm
Class 2: Saturday 6-13-2015, 12:45pm to 3:45pm
Class 1: Saturday 7-11-2015, 9am-12pm
Class 2: Saturday 7-11-2015, 12:45pm to 3:45pm
Class 1: Saturday 7-25-2015, 9am-12pm
Class 2: Saturday 7-25-2015, 12:45pm to 3:45pm
Class 1: Saturday 8-15-2015, 9am-12pm
Class 2: Saturday 8-15-2015, 12:45pm to 3:45pm.
Class 1: Saturday 9-12-2015, 9am-12pm
Class 2: Saturday 9-12-2015, 12:45pm to 3:45pm
Class 1: Saturday 10-3-2015, 9am-12pm
Class 2: Saturday 10-3-2015, 12:45pm to 3:45pm.
Basic Digital Photography Crash Course:
- Get practical to-the-point knowledge to use your DSLR or point-and-shoot camera efficiently and creatively. This is for adults who don’t have a year to spend in classes multiple times a week, turning-in homework assignments, fighting for parking, and paying outrageous tuition costs.
- Do you have a digital camera and want to learn how to take better pictures in a relaxed and fun atmosphere?
- Are you only using Auto mode and wonder why your pictures look boring, blurry, too dark, too bright, etc?
- Do you want to learn about shutter speed, aperture and ISO?
- Are you looking to purchase photography equipment and don’t know what all the confusing terms mean?
- Throughout each workshop participants will have opportunities to experiment shooting with their new skills and ask questions.
Class 1:In Class 1 we will:
- Get you familiar with Digital SLR cameras, lenses, memory cards, external flash units, tripods, and other photography essentials.
- Explain how terms like RAW, JPEG, Mega Pixel, Full Frame, APS-C, Macro, Prime, etc are important for you to understand, and how you can use that knowledge to your advantage in choosing the best equipment and getting the best results out of them.
- Reveal the different functions and abilities of your equipment, such as P, TV, S, A, AV, and M modes on your camera
- Introduce and discuss “exposure”
- Introduce Aperture (f-stop), Shutter Speed, and ISO
- Use our cameras to get familiar with how to use aperture, shutter speed, and ISO settings.
In Class 2 we will:
- Show how you can use ISO to get the right exposure and avoid image noise and inconsistencies.
- Go in depth in discussing how you can get creative effects by using different apertures, and shutter speeds
- Take a hands on approach in covering how to blur the background, different methods in taking images of moving objects.
- Show how you can use ISO to get the right exposure and creative effect at the desired apertures and shutter speeds.
- Learn to distinguish different kinds of blur in images, and how to avoid unwanted blur.
Investment: $159 /class ($318 for 2 classes.)
Experience: None required.
Equipment: Any camera. (Not required)
Maximum Class Size: 25
Recommended: Bring your camera (if you have one), its user manual, pen, paper, and thirst for knowledge!
Keywords: Photography Newport Beach, Photography Irvine, Photography Tustin, Photography Costa Mesa, Photography Huntington Beach, Photography Laguna Beach, Photography Fountain Valley, Photography Orange County, Photography Classes Orange County, Photography Workshops Orange County, Photography 101 Classes Orange County, Photographer Orange County, Photographer, Photography education Orange County, Photography Studio Rentals Orange County, Photography Studio Orange County, Family Portrait Photography Orange County, Fashion Photography Orange County, Product Photography Orange County, Commercial Photography Orange County, Wedding Photography Orange County, white background, white backdrop, e-commerce photography, website photography, Jewelry photography,