Basic Digital Photography Crash Course
Please click here for testimonials on GOOGLE.
Please click here for testimonials on YELP.
The next Class Dates:
Class 1: Saturday 1-11-2014, 9am-12pm
Class 2: Saturday 1-11-2014, 12:45pm to 3:45pm.
Class 1: Saturday 2-22-2014, 9am-12pm
Class 2: Saturday 2-22-2014, 12:45pm to 3:45pm.
Basic Digital Photography Crash Course:
- Get practical to-the-point knowledge to use your DSLR or point-and-shoot camera efficiently and creatively. This is for adults who don’t have a year to spend in classes multiple times a week, turning-in homework assignments, fighting for parking, and paying outrageous tuition costs.
- Do you have a digital camera and want to learn how to take better pictures in a relaxed and fun atmosphere?
- Are you only using Auto mode and wonder why your pictures look boring, blurry, too dark, too bright, etc?
- Do you want to learn about shutter speed, aperture and ISO?
- Are you looking to purchase photography equipment and don’t know what all the confusing terms mean?
- Throughout each workshop participants will have opportunities to experiment shooting with their new skills and ask questions.
Class 1:In Class 1 we will:
- Get you familiar with Digital SLR cameras, lenses, memory cards, external flash units, tripods, and other photography essentials.
- Explain how terms like RAW, JPEG, Mega Pixel, Full Frame, APS-C, Macro, Prime, etc are important for you to understand, and how you can use that knowledge to your advantage in choosing the best equipment and getting the best results out of them.
- Reveal the different functions and abilities of your equipment, such as P, TV, S, A, AV, and M modes on your camera
- Introduce and discuss “exposure”
- Introduce Aperture (f-stop), Shutter Speed, and ISO
- Use our cameras to get familiar with how to use aperture, shutter speed, and ISO settings.
In Class 2 we will:
- Show how you can use ISO to get the right exposure and avoid image noise and inconsistencies.
- Go in depth in discussing how you can get creative effects by using different apertures, and shutter speeds
- Take a hands on approach in covering how to blur the background, different methods in taking images of moving objects.
- Show how you can use ISO to get the right exposure and creative effect at the desired apertures and shutter speeds.
- Learn to distinguish different kinds of blur in images, and how to avoid unwanted blur.
Investment: $159 /class ($318 for 2 classes.)
Experience: None required.
Equipment: Any camera. (Not required)
Maximum Class Size: 20
Recommended: Bring your camera (if you have one), its user manual, pen, paper, and thirst for knowledge!
Testimonials:“This is a great place to take photography classes. I had bought my first DSLR camera and had no idea how to use it, so I signed up for Sammy’s Digital Photography Fundamentals 6 Class Series. The classes started with the very basics- what the different modes on the cameras are, what the different buttons do, how the camera works etc. Then the second class went into f-stop, exposure and ISO. After the second class, I was able to go out and start shooting on manual on my own! There are lots of other great topics covered too- flash, composition, creating effects with blur, and post-processing/ photo editing. It’s a lot of information, but Sammy is great about making sure that everyone understands it. I would definitely recommend iWINK for photography classes.”
“I have just started taking digital photography classes here and so far so great, check this place out!! Sammy is so nice plus so patient, especially for those who like to ask A LOT of questions when you are just starting out with a fancy schmancy camera type.”
“Just started taking a 6 week photography class at iWink studios. So far I’ve attended 2 classes and I am amazed at how much I have learned in four hours (2 hour class sessions). My first DSLR camera doesn’t seem so Big and Bad anymore. The owner Sammy is an awesome instructor. He is very patient with the students and eager to share his knowledge. I am so happy I found this studio. I can’t wait to see what I learn over the next 4 weeks and in future workshops. An added bonus is that the classes are very affordable[,] which helps when you are starting out in photography and need to buy camera equipment. Also, the studio rental rates are super affordable if you’re looking to rent a studio.”
“Sammy has a very relaxed and easy-going teaching approach, and so far has covered the basics quite well. He makes an effort to keep participants involved in the sessions by interacting with them, as opposed to strictly lecturing to them. The classes have been small, which makes it easier for Sammy to individually connect with everyone, and make each class comfortable. For a 2 hour class, it goes by almost imperceptibly. I would definitely recommend this Fundamental series to those looking to get their feet wet in understanding more about their equipment and taking better quality pictures.”
“Photography is a hobby of mine and Sammy is a great great person to learn from. His company is clean, organized, friendly, professional, and an overall great experience to take in. I’ve taken a few of his classes to learn the basics of photography and let me tell you….I am that much better at this wonderful hobby of mine that I’ve started researching additional classes his company has to offer. Sammy is such a great teacher and person that when my daughter recently grew ill, Sammy called to see how she was doing. It’s this personal touch that will keep me coming to his classes.”
We encourage Orange County residents with any photography interest to let us know if they are interested in studio photography. Beginners to advanced photographer levels welcome. Newport Beach, Irvine, Tustin, Costa Mesa, and Huntington Beach residents, will have an incredibly easy commute with absolutely no traffic at any time of the week. We are located in the heart of Orange County right off the 405, 73, and 55 freeways. From San Clemente, to Long Beach, to Yorba Linda, you’re looking at a 20 minute commute.
Keywords: Photography Newport Beach, Photography Irvine, Photography Tustin, Photography Costa Mesa, Photography Huntington Beach, Photography Laguna Beach, Photography Fountain Valley, Photography Orange County, Photography Classes Orange County, Photography Workshops Orange County, Photography 101 Classes Orange County, Photographer Orange County, Photographer, Photography education Orange County, Photography Studio Rentals Orange County, Photography Studio Orange County, Family Portrait Photography Orange County, Fashion Photography Orange County, Product Photography Orange County, Commercial Photography Orange County, Wedding Photography Orange County