Studio Lighting Classes
Studio Lighting / Understanding Light in Photography:
Saturday 5-11-2012 9 AM – Noon
This class is perfect for you if you are a photographer and:
- You haven’t used studio lights before and want to start shooting in a studio.
- You have used studio lights, but have issues with unwanted bright spots and shadows, or you are simply not sure what type of light modifiers to use for each purpose.
- Most importantly if you are an outdoors shooter and you want to learn about lighting in general. This class is incredibly helpful in understanding how the quality, power, and angle of light can affect your photos indoor or outdoor.
This class is also perfect for you if:
We will cover:
- You are a model and want to know how to work your poses based on different light setups in your shoots. This will help you get the desired skin tones and body figures in your shots.
- You’re a MUA and you want to see how different studio lighting can have different effects on skin textures, etc to choose the right amount or color of makeup.
Class Fee: $150
- Different types of studio lights
- Soft Vs hard light
- Angle of light sources on the subject(s)
- Different light modifiers and why you would want to use them
- Posing in different light setups
- Skin tones in different lights
- Choosing the right lighting patterns based on background and subject colors
- How to make your own in-expensive versions of some light modifiers
- We will also shoot with a professional model in a studio environment and practically experience photography lighting theories.
Testimonials:“This is a great place to take photography classes. I had bought my first DSLR camera and had no idea how to use it, so I signed up for Sammy’s Digital Photography Fundamentals 6 Class Series. The classes started with the very basics- what the different modes on the cameras are, what the different buttons do, how the camera works etc. Then the second class went into f-stop, exposure and ISO. After the second class, I was able to go out and start shooting on manual on my own! There are lots of other great topics covered too- flash, composition, creating effects with blur, and post-processing/ photo editing. It’s a lot of information, but Sammy is great about making sure that everyone understands it. I would definitely recommend iWINK for photography classes.”
“I have just started taking digital photography classes here and so far so great, check this place out!! Sammy is so nice plus so patient, especially for those who like to ask A LOT of questions when you are just starting out with a fancy schmancy camera type.”
“Just started taking a 6 week photography class at iWink studios. So far I’ve attended 2 classes and I am amazed at how much I have learned in four hours (2 hour class sessions). My first DSLR camera doesn’t seem so Big and Bad anymore. The owner Sammy is an awesome instructor. He is very patient with the students and eager to share his knowledge. I am so happy I found this studio. I can’t wait to see what I learn over the next 4 weeks and in future workshops. An added bonus is that the classes are very affordable[,] which helps when you are starting out in photography and need to buy camera equipment. Also, the studio rental rates are super affordable if you’re looking to rent a studio.”
“Sammy has a very relaxed and easy-going teaching approach, and so far has covered the basics quite well. He makes an effort to keep participants involved in the sessions by interacting with them, as opposed to strictly lecturing to them. The classes have been small, which makes it easier for Sammy to individually connect with everyone, and make each class comfortable. For a 2 hour class, it goes by almost imperceptibly. I would definitely recommend this Fundamental series to those looking to get their feet wet in understanding more about their equipment and taking better quality pictures.”
“Photography is a hobby of mine and Sammy is a great great person to learn from. His company is clean, organized, friendly, professional, and an overall great experience to take in. I’ve taken a few of his classes to learn the basics of photography and let me tell you….I am that much better at this wonderful hobby of mine that I’ve started researching additional classes his company has to offer. Sammy is such a great teacher and person that when my daughter recently grew ill, Sammy called to see how she was doing. It’s this personal touch that will keep me coming to his classes.”
We encourage Orange County residents with any photography interest to let us know if they are interested in studio photography. Beginners to advanced photographer levels welcome. Newport Beach, Irvine, Tustin, Costa Mesa, and Huntington Beach residents, will have an incredibly easy commute with absolutely no traffic at any time of the week. We are located in the heart of Orange County right off the 405, 73, and 55 freeways. From San Clemente, to Long Beach, to Yorba Linda, you’re looking at a 20 minute commute.
Keywords: Photography Newport Beach, Photography Irvine, Photography Tustin, Photography Costa Mesa, Photography Huntington Beach, Photography Laguna Beach, Photography Fountain Valley, Photography Orange County, Photography Classes Orange County, Photography Workshops Orange County, Photography 101 Classes Orange County, Photographer Orange County, Photographer, Photography education Orange County, Photography Studio Rentals Orange County, Photography Studio Orange County, Family Portrait Photography Orange County, Fashion Photography Orange County, Product Photography Orange County, Commercial Photography Orange County, Wedding Photography Orange County